Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nutrition


Hmmm interesting word. As usual, I like to start with the meaning of the word itself. Where does it come from, what associations do I have around it, what power does it play in the lives of those who speak it?
Nutrient
Neutrino
Nurture
Nature
Attrition?

The Webster’s definition of nutrition is:

The taking in and use of food and other nourishing material by the body


So what am I doing with MY nutrition. Well, I have studied nutrition on my own for years. I know what vitamins, minerals, herbs, food, water, etc. can and do do for my body. The trick for me has always been balancing my diet to receive the optimum nutrition.
Of course, that changes as my body ages, as injuries occur, as I challenge and change my lifestyle. And, I have never been able to juggle everything to reach what I would consider optimal nutrition.

I didn’t like to admit that. I’m the kind of person who wants success and wants to have credit for that from my own actions. So, when ReLiv came along I was skeptical at first until I starting hearing the stories.

It was the stories that convinced me to try this product. I can remember the stirring I felt inside. When I first heard them. "Maybe, maybe, maybe, it can help" came the whisper from deep inside. "What if, what if, what if" I murmered to myself.

And I took the product. And I will never stop now.

My body responded instantly. My body is still happy and happier than I’ve ever been.

How Nutrition Works
We eat to live. I have often also lived to eat. I was trying to fill myself emotionally as well as physically. It didn’t work. I was never happy with my body or my well-being in general.
When I started ReLiv, my body said YES loud and clear. Finally, I was giving my cells what they needed. I didn’t want to overeat and portion sizes of food diminished. I stopped craving sugar every hour. I still ate sugar, but it didn’t seem to trigger more cravings as it had in the past.
What was happening? I discovered that our body heals itself when it gets the nutrition it needs. I found out that the synergy of the formula made the difference and that this was patented as a food, not a supplement. I was clearly in the right place with my nutrition.

The Bigger Picture
I have been concerned about the affairs of the world for a long time. In the 60’s and early 70’s, I thought I had the definative answer. Then in the 80’s I sorta dropped out of the political conversation. But my heart still wept for the famines, poverty and inhumanity to man.

As a Baha’I, I have a positive vision of the future to hold on to. When it seems nothing will ever change, that comforts me.

And so, there is a bigger picture to this ReLiv business. When I see our population, our American citizens all around me that are sick, lame, toxic beyond belief, I weep as well.
After the tears, comes the fear. If this is where America is heading, it doesn’t seem to be a country I want to live in. So I have been aware that I need to do something to help reverse this toxicity.

I do random acts of kindness, I do good when and where I can, I tell the truth to the best of my ability, I believe in love and I show it as I can.

Yet, there was something more I wanted to do and I examined my options. Little did I know, it wasn’t up to me except in the broad abstract. My higher power was pulling the strings.
And ReLiv came along. A great product, but a networking business and I had huge prejudices about that. I began the climb toward acceptance as I continued to put myself into this business.
Today, I am learning and I recognize I am "taking on" this challenge to overcome some judgements, as well as satisfy my competitive spirit. I’m having fun, and I’m losing some old habits that were due to be dropped. It’s not easy and I get discouraged. But, I remember the feeling of what I am doing and I know to the degree I put in effort will be the degree to which I receive back, only ten fold. It keeps me going.

No comments: