Monday, May 5, 2008

Back From San Jose

Well, I went to my first Regional Conference and am so glad I did. Of course, I met wonderful people, was inspired by numerous stories and was so happy to share my story as well. I was able to get closer with my Tucson ReLiv family, my upline as well as my personal motivations to do this wonderful business.

I would like to share just two stories with all of you.

PS - You are welcome to read this post first, but if you are new to the blog, you may also want to read the archived posts that came before to gain insight into my purpose and approach. Here goes!

My first story begins with the beginning. On the plane to San Jose. I drove from Tucson to Phoenix, left my car at my daughter's and she drove me to the airport. While there I met up with my sponsor, Roberta, her husband and a great new friend Bubba. We sat together and of course starting chatting away with each other about - what else? ReLiv!


Two rows behind us sat a lovely couple Richard and Mirna Bowley. They too were going to the conference and so we quickly made friends. Well, the first thing you ask a person with ReLiv is: "What's your story?" and Richard and Mirna were no exception. Roberta and I shared ours and then they proceeded to tell us their incredible health and business story.

Mirna, an LPN who works at a Phoenix hospital had fantastic results on ReLiv and like so many others, she had been very resistant to taking the product in the beginning. Mirna suffered from juvenile arthritis especially in her knees for years (since she was 15, I think) and she also had severe sleep apnea to the point that her husband had to monitor her while she slept so she would not choke to death in her sleep! Needless to say both were terribly sleep deprived.

Fast foward to the first week Mirna took the product. Great results with both issues and Richard was especially convinced this was a busness opportunity they did not want to miss. When he told his sponsor he was $100,000 in debt and had no way to become an MA, she told him "Find a way"!

What happened next was very impressive. Richard came home and asked Mirna for her wedding rings. Over all her tears and protests, he took them, along with his own wedding band and a gold medallion necklace of his, to a pawn shop. He told the broker "I need x amount of dollars and I will pay you back in 30 days".

Richard went on to tell us that they placed the order and before it was even delivered they had sold almost all of it because of the dramatic results Mirna had received and I suspect because of his own enthusiasm and integrity about this product. Sure enough within 20 days he was back at the pawn shop picking up the rings much to the amazement of the pawn broker.

I feel so fortunate to have met Richard and Mirna on the plane because as they told their story throughout the conference, Steve Hastings, our VP of Marketing, eventually got wind of it. On Saturday morning, to their surprise he asked them to come up on stage and tell it to the entire conference. I have to say they were incredible and their business cards were gone before they could even get back to their seats!!!

So that was inspiring to me and to many others to know that sacrifice can pay off many fold if you stay focused on your goal.

Hang on and I'll tell you my own special story that happened while I was at the conference. I'll make another post to tell some of the things I learned while I was there. Don't go away, this is worth it!


No comments: